Sunday, February 12, 2017

Club Penguin to #ProjectSuperSecret: The End Of An Era


On August 10 of 2016, reports have been flying all over the Community on Twitter. Many have shown great fear of what is looking like the end of Club Penguin. Spike Hike had a couple of messages sent to various members of the community, letting them know that players would technically have to start over for the new version of Club Penguin. It began with penguins having the chance to message Spike Hike over Disney Mix, along with the question: will our accounts transfer from this version to new version, PSS? The answer is no, according to Spike. Bloxorz, and Echo006 were told by Spike that "they are two different systems", and that it is not possible for it to be transferred.


As of now, January 28th, 2017, Club Penguin has released the most important statement in its history of the game. The plug will be pulled on March 29th, 2017. Yes, I am afraid the marvelous world full of friendly penguins is over. Being a player who merely played a decade, I say it was a good run. The creators made a huge success by releasing this kind of social based game to the Internet.



But with this announcement, doesn't this make you feel like Club Penguin can achieve more, now that they have gone this far?

It seems impossible for some, but if they took different options a couple of years ago, like expanding the island itself, and recreating the look of the game just a bit. (Today's design is honestly too much).

Focusing on the Spike Hike era, that is where all the tables turned. The game started crashing, going downhill. 2016 was definitely considered the worst year, by far. Much focus was on Club Penguin Island. Spike was wise to start to look into building a new version of the game, for a new generation, but at the same time, it would have been wiser to look in on how the game could be improvised, hiring a bigger staff for both Club Penguin and Club Penguin Island. If they went for a giant push for the original game, and it became a success, then we might not have heard the date of its death just yet. The game has always had potential, but like all game developers, it doesn't go the way most people want it to go.


It makes me think that I could have dedicated more time at the beginning of 2012 to this amazing game by increasing the size of this site. But I couldn't. School was always taking my time, I had to prepare my goals after high school. I have many responsibilities that have to do with my religion, and my job. I really don't regret much, but after hearing the announcement of its closure, the thoughts of me being more on here come back. But my main goal was to acquire so many readers that viewed me as one the best bloggers. I simply wanted to my posts to be heard.

This is becoming a bit too personal, but, talking about the end of an era: Does Club Penguin go down as one of the greatest online games in history? I really want to hear your opinions in the comments below. I am unsure when I will post again, so bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment